Cogs & Corsets is happening June 4, 2021.
Cogs & Corsets will only be one night this year. So we are offering the vendors two ways of participating: either online or onsite! You can be listed on our vendor page for three months with online promotions or you can set in downtown Bloomington on Main Street next to the old court house – now the McLean County Museum of History.
Online: $10 – you get a listing on our website from June 1 to August 31. You can offer a discount code if you like. We will posting regular promotions for the vendors listed on Facebook.
Onsite: $30 – you get a 10’x12′ booth space on the street. Vendors will be spaced in keeping with state regulations for safety. Vendors will have to follow safety precautions listed below. Additional booth spaces can be purchased for an additional standard fee (limit 3). Vendors are responsible for providing their own tables and chairs.
We have limited spots with electricity, which can be added to your booth reservation for an additional $5 charge (one electrical per vendor).
Loading and Setting Up
Load in: after 12:30pm
Open to public: 4:00–9:00pm
We request vendors do not tear down prior to 8:30pm on Friday, but all vendors must clear their space by 10:30 pm Friday.
Free parking is available on the first level of the Market St. deck a few blocks away. Street parking in the downtown is free and open on weekends. Camping is not allowed in the decks.
Vendors will be able sell wares in the Steampunk Market area only (walking the street selling wares is not permitted). Cogs & Corsets is a family-friendly event. Anything being displayed in your booth needs to be appropriate for all ages.
Booth spaces are marked out at 10’x12′.
Cogs & Corsets has no general admission fee, and in 2021 there will be no ticketed events.
Payment and Billing
Upon receipt of your application, we will email you a Paypal or Vemo invoice to the email address provided. You can also opt to pay via check, but please remember that your space is considered reserved only after your payment has cleared. Checks should be made out to ‘Cogs & Corsets’. Bounced checks will charged a $50 processing fee.
Checks should be mailed to:
City of Bloomington
109 E Olive St
PO Box 3157
Bloomington, IL 61702-03157
All vendor space sales are final regardless of weather or turnout. Refunds may be considered on an individual basis and must be submitted 45 days prior to the event (April 20), to give us an opportunity to fill your spot.
Should the festival be canceled due to a change in state regulations related to COVID-19, vendors who signed up for onsite vending will be refunded the registration fee less 3% for processing.
Your information will not be sold or distributed outside Cogs & Corsets.
Sales Use and Tax
Vendors shall be responsible for obtaining documentation (licenses, permits, approvals, etc.) required by international, federal, state and local law. Cogs & Corsets, the City of Bloomington, BCPA, and the Downtown Bloomington Association will not be held accountable for a vendor’s failure to follow these procedures.
Vendors shall be responsible for collecting, reporting, and remitting proper state sales tax for any items or merchandise sold by the vendor at the event, in addition to obtaining the appropriate state sales tax rate and any local sales tax rates for any and all merchandise sold by the vendor at the event. And agrees to indemnify and hold Cogs & Corsets and its staff, the City of Bloomington, BCPA, and the Downtown Bloomington Association harmless in any action arising from the vendor’s failure to collect, report, and remit federal, state, and local sales tax for goods sold by the vendor at the event.
Any goods or service deemed illegal under the laws of the United State of America, the state of Illinois, McLean County and the City of Bloomington are prohibited. Sales and display of working firearms or ammunition are prohibited.
- Masks will be required to be worn by all vendors and vendor staff unless you are medically unable to wear one.
- Practice good hand hygiene and wear gloves when handling products/money.
- Assign one vendor staff to handle money and the other staff to handle products.
- Only Vendors are allowed to touch products (customers point, vendors bag).
- Arrange tables with products at the front of the tent, rather than a U-shape, and spread out tables in a single line as much as possible.
- Ask for exact change or credit cards. Change can be given, if you wish, but is not required.
- Encourage customers to pre-pay/order and pick-up only as much as possible. Vendors will be responsible for transacting all pre-orders and pick-ups. Market staff will not facilitate this.
- Minimize conversations with customers to focus on the transaction and encourage customers not to linger.
- Make sure to wipe down surfaces and credit card readers after each interaction.
- Each vendor will be required to have an IDPH Handwashing Station within their booth-space or use hand sanitizer between transactions.
- Vendors will be asked to bring sides for their tents to provide some separation from their neighbors.
- Vendors will have two (2) staff members per booth space. If this is not possible due to staffing limitations, vendors will be asked to create a buddy system with their neighboring vendor so that one vendor can bag products and one vendor could handle payments
As part of the City’s special events permit process, we provide the following links to event organizers.
Promotional material in digital form will be available upon request. Please contact email@example.com. We encourage all vendors to promote the event to their customers.
Cogs & Corsets cannot guarantee that each vendor will have their name, products or services listed in any of the promotional materials including posters, postcards, and press releases. Vendors registered with the Steampunk Market at Cogs & Corsets grants the festival organizers the rights to use their name, logo, and description of their products and services for promotional purposes.
The vendor agrees to be responsible for, indemnify and hold Cogs & Corsets and its staff, the City of Bloomington, BCPA and the Downtown Bloomington Association harmless from any and all claims of any nature, losses, damages, costs expenses (including attorney fees), personal injury, death, and/or any other claims arising from or related to any act or omission by the Vendor or his/her property, agents, representative or employees in contravention of is obligations (under this contract) or any applicable law governing the vendor’s activities at the event.
The vendor also agrees to be responsible for, indemnify, and hold Cogs & Corsets and its staff, the City of Bloomington, BCPA and the Downtown Bloomington Association and its employees harmless in case of theft of the vendor’s property both during business hours and after hours.
Cogs & Corsets reserves the right to refuse anyone or any business. All times, dates and locations are subject to change.